Join IAGA at ICE Totally Gaming on Tuesday, February 7 for a full day of informative sessions focused on critical compliance, law and regulation issues facing gaming. Registration is required: visit www.icetotallygaming.com for details.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Embracing Change - embracing digital transformation
E-commerce heavyweight Brian McBride will share some inspirational insights into embracing change and digital transformation. He will also look at the importance of understanding customer behavior, marketing to a new breed customer across devices and being data driven, as well as the implications of social media and how to transform traditional business culture into an environment ready to compete intelligently in the e-commerce world. Presented by Brian McBride, Chairman, ASOS, Former CEO, Amazon.co.uk.
Fireside Chat – an e-commerce giant and a gaming industry pioneer talk shop
In this fascinating session Brian McBride will be joined by gaming industry heavyweight, former CEO of William Hill, Ralph Topping. We’ll ask Ralph how about the gaming industry since his first days as a Saturday worker in Glasgow, and how the industry has evolved; who was the most interesting person he has ever taken a bet from and what were the most challenging moments of his career. We’ll ask Brian about consolidation in more mature industries and what it can mean for customer experience and innovation. We’ll hear about the passions that drive these two industry giants and how two Glasgow boys from humble beginnings, rose to the very pinnacle of their careers. Presented by Ralph Topping, Former CEO, William Hill and Brian McBride, Chairman, ASOS, Former CEO, Amazon.co.uk.
Coffee & Refreshment Break
World Regulatory Briefing Begins
Hosted by Julian Harris, Partner, Harris Hagan, and John Hagan, Partner, Harris Hagan
World Regulatory Briefing Headliner
Sarah Harrison, CEO, UK Gambling Commission
Talking Heads: What is the perfect regulatory eco-system that
promotes healthy markets, player protection and integrity for the industry?
Creating a regulatory framework that protects consumers and supports healthy markets is a fine balance which gaming regulators are challenged with, however it also begs the questions – to what extent should they be consulting with the industry and what part should they play with policy and law making. Our global regulators will explore their individual ideas on market interaction. Moderated by Ewa Bakun, Head of Content for Clarion Gaming, the panelists include:
- Marja Appelman, CEO, Netherlands Gaming Authority
- Richard Schuetz, Executive Director, Bermuda Casino Gaming Commission
- Jonodev Chaudhuri, Chairman, National Indian Gaming Commission
- Guido Schlütz, Head of Division, Ministry of Interior, Germany
- Charles Coppolani, Chairman, ARJEL
THE BIG DEBATE
The motion: eSports betting needs to be regulated
Many regulatory authorities across the world are considering their next move with eSports, however due to the complexity of the market and the different types of channels involved, should eSports be regulated with the same framework as other gaming operators? The many factors to be considered will be debated in our motion, with our line-up assessing issues such as the skill element in a tournament setting and the regulation of eSports bet markets. Moderated by Andrew Nixon, Head of Sport for Sheridans, the panelists include:
- Bahar Alaeddini, Partner, Harris Hagan
- Dr. Wulf Hambach, Managing Partner, Hambach & Hambach
- Jeff Ifrah, Founding Partner, Ifrah PLC
- Ralf Reichert, Managing Director, ESL Gaming
||Talking Heads: the outlook for legalization of sports betting in the US
The noise around the potential legalization of sports betting in the US is growing, creating a multitude of complex questions around what needs to happen to make way for the industry, the potential regulatory scenarios and who will be the future stakeholders in the US sports betting market. Our group of experts will explore the challenges and outlook over the coming 18 months. Moderated by Susan Hensel, Director of Licensing for the Pennsylvania State Gaming Board, the panelists include:
- Dan Wallach, Shareholder, Becker & Poliakoff
- Cathy Beeding, Vice President and General Council, Island View Casino
- Sara Rayme, Senior Vice President - Government Affairs, American Gaming Association
- Daniel Kustelski, CEO & Co-Founder, Chalkline Sports
| 3:40 p.m.
After a hard day’s conferencing, we kick off Happy Hour with a few drinks accompanied the World Regulatory Café
| 4 p.m.
||World Regulatory Roundtables
Join our global round tables to meet with regulators, consultants and legal minds to understand the requirements, technical requirements and licence opportunities across international jurisdictions. Each round table will be led by either a regulatory or leading authority in that emerging jurisdiction participants will be able to choose two tables to attend during the session.
- The Netherlands - Justin Franssen, Partner, Kalff Katz & Franssen
- Czech Republic – Karel Blaha, Director, State Supervision and Lotteries, Czech Ministry of Finance
- Italy - Daria Provvidenza Petralia, Head of Remote Gaming Office, AAMS
- European Commission - Harrie Temmink, Deputy Acting Head of Gaming Unit, European Commission
- Brazil - Waldir Marques Jr., Head of Lotteries Regulation, SEAE, Ministry of Finance
- Poland: Piotr Dynowski, Partner / Attorney at Law, Head of IP, Media, Tech & Comms Practice, Bird & Bird
- Responsible Gambling, Jonny Engebo, Senior Advisor, The Norwegian Gaming Authority
- India - Vaibhav Gaggar, Managing Partner, Gaggar & Associates
- UK: Neil McArthur, General Counsel, UKGC
- Asia: Luis Pereira, Managing Director, Asia Gaming Brief